This week on the show host John Kruse talks to -
* Outdoors writer Jason Brooks about an Idaho elk hunt that didn't go as planned
* Bob Loomis with Mack's Lure about Long Lake, a great destination for early winter trout
* Outdoors writer Jeff Holmes who has tips to help you tag out on a late season white-tailed deer
* Hunting buddy Rusty Johnston about their successful waterfowl hunt in the Columbia Basin
This week on America Outdoors Radio host John Kruse chats with -
* Brooks Hansen with Camp Chef who will help you cook up the perfect Thanksgiving turkey, whether it be wild or store bought
* Mark Taylor with Trout Unlimited about their programs for veterans, service members and first responders
* Glenn May with BassResource.com who has some helpful advice to help you hook up with more bass this winter
* Rue Mapp, the founder of Outdoor Afro and the author of a new book, Nature Swagger
Host John Kruse interviews
* Tia Villagomez, co-owner of Boggan's Oasis near the border of SE Washington and NE Oregon, about their basecamp offering food and lodging while you fish the Grande Ronde River or hunt in the area.
* Greg Lemon with Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks who has an outdoor news roundup to include the latest hunting season reports
* Russ Baker with Limit Out Marine is working on bringing a really big bass tournament, a WON Bass Open, to Potholes Reservoir, June 7th thru the 9th and whether you are a pro or an amateur you are invited to fish it!
Host John Kruse chats with
* Rob Lyon about his cast and blast trip to the Owyhee Canyon Lands
* Ashley Simpson, talks about her article in Field & Stream detailing the fishing around Andros Island in the Bahamas and the big conservation issue this unique place is facing.
* Billy Kinder, host of Kinder Outdoors, tells you about his weekly show and invites you to enter his "Fishing you a Merry Christmas" giveaway where one lucky entrant and two guests will win a five day trip to Costa Rica with three days of chartered fishing!
This week host John Kruse talks to
* Candy Yow about the hunting and shooting camps and classes she offers to women and youth
* Connor Liess with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game shares a monthly news roundup
* Meg Carney tests and rates the best bear sprays on the market
* Mack's pro-staffer Jaime Rodriguez shares tips for catching walleye this month
* This is the month to bag a trophy mule deer and Robby Denning will tell you how
* Derek Horner, writing for Outdoor Life, shares tips on tagging out on a prairie Whitetail
* Dr. Edward Arnett, CEO of The Wildlife Society, previews their annual conference in Spokane, Washington
* Lots of news and reports from around the nation and a doozy of a person walking the Trail of Shame
Greg McReynolds with Trout Unlimited and host John Kruse discuss the increassing possibility the four Lower Snake River dams will be breached to save struggling salmon and steelhead runs. Dan Wilson with the Washington State Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers talks about the challenges they are facing with the current Washington State Fish and Wildlife Commission and about some of the work this organization has done in the Evergreen State. www.northwesternoutdoor.scom
Host John Kruse talks to Rich Wheeler, co-owner of Sena Sea Seafood, about the disappearance of snow crab and red king crab in Alaska's Bering Sea and how this will affect everyone from crab fishermen to consumers. George Krumm, the Editor of Fish Alaska magazine, will tell you about the fantastic trophy rainbow trout you can catch at the Naknek River. Jared Wiklund with Quail Forever shares highlights from the 2022 quail hunting forecast. www.americaoutdoorsradio.com
This week on the show....
* Bob Baldwin talks hunter safety as seasons open up this fall
* Brooks Hansen with Camp Chef helps you cook some delicious backstrap
* What states are hot and which ones are not for pheasant this hunting season
* Checking out the line-up of hunting boots from Irish Setter
* Another state record fish has been caught....this time in Idaho!
We visit the Bison Range in Western Montana and chat with Information & Education Program Manager Stephanie Gillen about this fantastic wildlife watching destination and how it is being managed by the Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation. Bob Loomis is back with another extended Mack's Minute about catching trout as waters cool and Lars Dalseide with the National Rifle Association sounds the alarm about Oregon Ballot Measure 114, which would severely limit the ability to purchase or transfer a firearm in the Beaver State. www.northwesternoutdoors.com