Sergeant Chris Hawkins with the Oregon State Police talks to host John Kruse about a poaching incident that occurred in the Wenaha Wildlife Management Area near Troy on January 26th. He needs help solving this crime and hopes you, or someone you share this with, will be able to provide the information required to crack this case!
If you have any info call the TIP Line at 1-800-452-788 or dial *OSP. A reward of $10,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for this crime. You can also submit information through this web page -
Air Date April 25, 2020 - Northwestern Outdoors Radio
Host John Kruse interviews Ben Holten with the grassroots group "Let us Fish" which put together protests today in Wenatchee and Moses Lake. Holten shares news about how many people and boats participated in the rally against Washington Governor Jay Inslee's ban on recreational fishing at these two events and shares information about a rally scheduled in Seattle on April 26th at Lake Union and Gas Works Park.
Colton Christenson, the owner of Christenson's Lakeshore Tackle, shares a spring fishing report covering kokanee, trout and burbot at one of the best fishing lakes in the Western U.S., Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Air Date - April 18, 2020
This week on the show host John Kruse chats with -
1. Jim Kalkofen with TargetWalleye.com about spring walleye fishing hot spots around the nation.
2. Lee Hartman, the author of a new book, "The Delaware River Story".
3. Joel Webster with the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership (TRCP) about new fishing and hunting opportunities coming to national wildlife refuges and national fisher hatcheries at multiple locations across the country.
4. Larry (Captain Mac) McQuarrie talks about the impact of COVID-19 on Alaska fishing lodges and how the show is going on with some great specials this summer at Sportsman's Cove Lodge on Prince of Wales Island.
This week on the Pacific NW Edition of America Outdoors Radio, heard exclusively on Seattle Sports Radio 950 KJR Saturday mornings from 7 to 8, with host John Kruse
1. We try to get answers from WDFW and the Governor's Office about the illogical stance of allowing recrational boating but not fishing from those same boats.
2. Nan Devlin joins us to talk about why now is the perfect time to book a crabbing, clamming and fishing trip near Tillamook, Oregon this September.
3. Bob Loomis with Mack's Lure shows off a brand new product that will help you catch more walleye, especially in the spring.
Air Date - 04/18/2020
This week on another coronavirus pandemic inspired episode of America Outdoors Radio host John Kruse chats with
1. Roy Hill with Brownells about their $10,000 Boredom Buster Challenge.
2. Kirk Deeter with Trout Unlimited answers two questions. Is it safe to go fishing and how should we be fishing right now?
3. Miss live sports? Check out the Fish USA 5 Live Kayak Bass Fishing Shoot Out - Scott Buetjer, the brainchild behind this, tells us more.
4. Phillip Guadalupe shares details about a fun spring sale from Crosman that will have you killing time by plinking targets in your back yard or Back 40!
Sean Kiaer, the founder of Northwest Fishing Partners, talks about his organization and the heart wrenching story of a client suffering from PTSD who took his life after Washington State announced a statewide fishing closure the day before he was scheduled to go on a special fishing trip. Sean also talks about a fundraiser he is doing to get other veterans and first responders suffering from PTSD out fishing on coastal charter boats once the coronavirus pandemic allows us to go fishing again in Washington State. Air Date 04-11-20
John Kruse has got four great guests today talking fishing, hunting and survival to include:
1. Survival Instructor Brett Stoffel who talks about why a positive mental attitude is so important for you during this pandemic
2. Will Brantley with Field & Stream who has some great advice about how to tag team a turkey or two
3. T. Edward Nickens with Field & Stream who shares stories from a New Mexico duck hunt that didn't go quite as planned
4. Zack Williams, Editor of the Backcountry Journal, offers the spring edition for free at www.backcountryhunters.org and shares some of his favorite articles from this edition.
Phil Hayes and host John Kruse talk about the incredibly lightweight float tube packages Wilderness Lite makes. After that, it's time to talk spring fishing from the float tube. Phil is a fly fisherman who has some great advice for catching spring trout, bass and panfish. Air Date - April 11, 2020
Our reaction to Washington's statewide closure of recreational fishing - Nate Pamplin with WDFW talks about a study in Hood Canal featuring steelhead and seals - Tom McBride with WDFW shares news about efforts to remove derelict crab gear off the Washington Coast to reduce gray whale entanglements